In this transparent, interpersonal, and informative book, former Division-1 athlete, Jada Hargrove, shares her advice and personal experiences of transitioning from high school to competing amongst some of the biggest conferences in the basketball world. She expounds upon pertinent topics that will convince audiences to reconsider their athletic journeys, obligate themselves towards bigger goals, and encourage them to be more than just athletes.
Readers of this book are driven, resilient, and dedicated to finding answers from experienced athletes. Jada Hargrove offers genuineness, honesty, and reality to parents, student-athletes, and other supporting parties who seek to know more about the business of being a successful student-athlete. Gems offered within this book are from a 3-year-starter, summa cum laude graduate (4.0), and previous NCAA Women of the Year Nominee.
Inside you will analyze and dissect topics such as these:
- Proper use of social media for young adults
- Considerations of choosing a college & the issues with transitioning
- What to expect and how to react to the obstacles of your first-year experience
- In-depth, transparent dive into authors personal problems associated with collegiate sports
- Dissection and organization of reader's ideals, goals, and aspirations
- Pros and Cons of collegiate sports
- "Head-start", analyzing what the author wishes she knew prior to attending college and playing Division-1 basketball
"Be led by those who have the experience, not by what you see on social media, television, or hearsay." -Jada Hargrove
Published: March 1, 2021
Publisher: Hargrove Publishing Company
Author: Jada Hargrove
Page Count: 89